Sunday 16 September 2012

Mummy Dearest....

Well, This post is basically going to be about my Mummy....and I guess will also tell you a bit about my life.

I love her. LOADS.

She's the best.

So today/tonight has been a long one. Someone in my family, likes to brag about the other side of our family and make my Mum feel, well, let's say not so special. which I think is actually pretty shitty, considering that particular little section of the family, ( I haven't seen them since I was younger and have no interest in doing so), wouldn't know what hard work, parenting or being a good person was if it smacked them in the face. Now, I'm not saying they're bad people, like I said, I haven't seen them since I was younger, so I don't know them well enough to say that, but, I know they're not the best people.

My Mum.

Well. where to start? My mum is definitely my best friend, along with my sister and Nan, I know that probably sounds sad to some of you, but I don't really care because my Mum is my hero. Obviously, I have best friends who aren't related to me, I don't just hang around with my Mum and Nan, apart from on a Saturday, when I do just hang around with my Mum and Nan, and Grandad and sister of course! haha.

Yeah, My mum had my brother when she was pretty young, she was 21, then she found herself a single mum working her butt off.....5/6 years later, she met my Dad, at work, then 2/3 Years later, I was born, then 3 and a half years after that, my sister came along! The age gap between me and my brother is 9 years, so, we're pretty different, we get on a bit more now that we're both older, but we still fight. My sister and I are completely different, but the same, in a weird way that I can't explain, in some ways we are polar opposites, but in other ways we're like twins, but we definitely still have our moments and can't stand being around each other.

Aaaanyways, my Mum, for as long as I can possibly think back has always worked so hard, and when I was younger, I hated it because I didn't understand why everyone else's Mum's picked them up from school or helped out on school day trips and she didn't, she did when she could, but not like my friends Mum's.
But if I had a Doctor's appointment or a dentist appointment, she would always take me because she knew I was scared, so she would take the morning off work and after we had been wherever we needed to go, she used to take me to a special place, and we would drink a pot of tea and share a toasted tea cake before I had to go back to school. I always felt so special and grown up because I was drinking tea out of a real china tea cup, which she told me princess' drank tea from. Those days were my favourite, even if I did have to go to the doctor's or the dentist, it was worth it!! That was our time, no-one else's, when my sister was in nursery and my Dad was in work and my brother in school.

When my sister went into school, my mum went back to Uni and got herself a degree and became a business advisor, this was after becoming a Reflexology/Reiki/Massage teacher too.
Once she got her degree, she landed herself a pretty awesome job with the biggest women's organisation in Liverpool, and there she made some pretty awesome friends, one who has since become practically family, we even call her 'Aunty Lisa'!

Lisa lived in a pretty nice, quiet little street and when we all went round for Sunday dinner one time, my Dad decided on the spot he wanted to move there, and once my Dad wanted something, you just went with it because he was determined to get it. So, they started looking, it was stupid expensive at the time but my Dad wanted us all to move there, so we rented a house in the street and it was a great house, I loved it! - I had a walk in wardrobe! heaven!- and they asked the landlord if we could buy it from him but he said no, and a couple of days later the house three doors down was going up for sale (weird coincidences happened like that around my Dad) and he and my mum looked around and decided to buy it, even if it meant working a few more hours and it being a bit of a stretch.

A couple of months later my Dad was made redundant from his job and my mum took all the hours she could and kept us going, until my Dad got his new job. Not long after that, maybe a year or two, my Dad got sick, he got skin cancer and got really ill, really fast, he didn't like being in hospital so my Mum worked from home all the hours of the day so she could look after him. I don't know how she did it. I certainly couldn't.

Then my Dad passed away and my Mum found herself left with his debt too, and as they'd only signed the mortgage under her name, she had to pay the house alone, so, she carried on working, and working but I think it was literally a month after my Dad died, she got made redundant and found herself stuck.

My Mum, actually has a pretty fierce reputation in Liverpool and it's well deserved, so before long she got a job working for the city in partnership with the Princes Trust, She did this for a year or so but had been thinking about setting up on her own for a while, so she cut down her hours and set up with a friend of hers she knew from Uni (she had gone back to do further business study), this lasted about two years, her partner was always ill and didn't help with any of the networking etc, just sat back and took credit basically, so knowing her partner had another business also, my Mum decided to take over the business alone and start it again from the ground up, which she has and is doing well. She is now writing and teaching courses for people wanting to start up in business and recently got headhunted for a mentoring job at the University, which she has taken part time so she can still do both.

She really is an amazing woman and Mum, she would do anything for anyone and has always been there for me, even when I was a horrible teenager or when I've gone through things that my friends wouldn't understand.

I don't even know what else to write, words are failing at the minute, I can't seem to get out what I'm trying to say. Saying she's amazing feels like an understatement, she's the strongest, hardest working, kindest, most caring person in my life and I would be totally lost without her.





Yeah, I love my Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment