Sunday 2 September 2012

Holiday Face!


So I’m going on holiday in 3 weeks and need to sort out my holiday/sun products!!
This is always stress. I’m quite fair skinned and can’t deal with sunburn at all so I wear SPF 50 all the time. Even here in dull old England, if it’s a little bit sunny.
I’ve got my sun cream sorted but make up is a nightmare for holidays.

I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation when I’m here and I used to use Lorac ProtecTINT tinted moisturiser when I was away but I ran out last year and my Aunty hasn’t been to America this year so I haven’t been able to stock up.

My mum picked me up a Stila tinted moisturiser SPF 30 which I’m hoping will do the trick as I don’t like wearing heavy make up in the heat, and it will just end up a waste and sliding off anyway.
I think I’m going to stick to my rose Vaseline for my lips for a little bit of colour and I think its SPF 15?

I never know whether to use a bronzer or blusher when I’m away, my sister uses bronzer but she’s got a more olive tone to her skin and dark eyes so it looks fine on her. If I’ve kept on top of the old fake tan then it looks ok, but if I’m honest I’m kind of lazy, so most of the time that doesn’t happen, but then I can never decide on a peachy toned blusher or a dolly pink (which I wear everyday).
I suppose I’ll have to see how I go with the tan!

I’m going to take some lashes away with me this time because for some reason mascara always tries to run away from my eyelashes and just ends up sitting on my cheeks about 5 minutes after I’ve put it on. My favourite ones at the minute are just from Home & Bargain, they’re by Dimples and are £1.99 for 2 pairs!! They’re pretty natural looking too, which I like for holiday, I can’t stand the thought of being caked in make up in the warm weather.

I have really dry skin too, so I need to start drinking wayyy more water than I have been. Does anyone else find it hard to drink loads of water?...or just me?...

Well yeah, my skin is stupidly dry, so dry that I sleep with Vaseline on my face at night ( and also on my feet with fresh clean socks because it makes them baby soft!) and then have to apply some moisturiser before I put make up on if it’s feeling ok, if not I have to put bio oil on before my make up, which isn’t ideal because, well, because it’s oil!

My best friend gave me the Olay beauty fluid which I think is really good before I apply my make up, but she also bought me a Frankincense and Rose face cream which is soooo thick and luxurious feeling  and smells amazing! She says it works wonders so I’ll have to give it a proper go!



My mum however, insists I use Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. I do love it, but to be honest, I don’t usually spend that much on products like that. I do get it as a gift for birthdays and christmas though, so I use it when I have it and would definitely recommend it!

I actually found that Superdrug do their own hot cloth cleanser and vitamin E range. I tried the ‘Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser’ and it was great! It came in a box with a muslin cloth and it worked really well and my face felt so nice after using it and it is a total steal at £5.99!!

I might buy the whole range when I don’t have any Liz Earle left and try it all out.


I am a fan of hot cloth cleansers though, I feel like they really do clean your face and leave it feeling fresh!




No comments:

Post a Comment