Thursday 29 November 2012

Glittery Sky Nails!!

I just called them 'glittery sky nails' because they remind me of a scene/background we used to use for our nativity plays in primary school!!

This is my first attempt at a glitter kind of fade look. Mainly because I have no patience waiting for my nails to dry and because as much as I love glitter, I'm so lazy and just pick it off because it's so much effort to take off properly!

I decided I wanted one like a night sky so I opted for:

Barry M Silver Foil Effect - Hara Pixie - China Glaze Nova - OPI Russian Navy


First I painted my nails with Nail Envy by OPI - definitely worth the money!! - then I did two coats of Russian Navy.

Then I used the Barry M to paint a thin line along the very tip of my nails with barely any polish on the brush and then blurred the line a little , I didn't want it too visible but it was either that or use 50 coats of glitter to get my desired effect and as I said, I'm super impatient!

After that I kind of made a thick and lumpy line of the silver Hara glitter by holding the brush vertically and scraping it onto my nails ( if that makes sense?) and then flattened it out a little with the brush and dragged some of it towards the middle of my nail.

Then when that was dry, I did a reeeeally thin layer of the China Glaze over the whole of each nail because I love that it is super sparkly and it really catches the light!!



Hope you like them!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Love the look, they look really cute and fun! I'm now following your lovely blog xo
    http://discountbeauty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hun!
    Great idea! Another way to create galaxy nails is to get a small amount on the brush and drag from the free edge to the cuticle. By the tine you get to cuticle they will be no glitter so it fades nice and evenly down the nail!


    Here's ny blog if you'd like a peek and I can do a blog post about it if you want?
    http://tansandtiaras.blogspot.co.uk

    Love lora xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh sounds easier!! Haha ill have a nosey now!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so talented! I'd love to try this look out, as I love glitter nail polish and I think it's perfect for Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) its super easy!! Yeah, glitter is really christmassy! :) x

      Delete