Friday 23 November 2012

Always Wear...Sunscreen... - Baz Luhrman

Ok, so, this is going to sound REALLY fan girlish, but I once randomly read an interview with Hayley Williams from Paramore and it was about skin care and make up and she has really pale skin and so do I when I don't wear a bit of tan, actually, I'm still mega pale with tan.... Anyway, she said her dermatologist told her to use La Roche-Posay and it turned out to be great for her skin....so yes, I ordered it online, they didn't have it in Boots then, and I loved it!! I got some Hydraphase stuff and some Effaclar because I have horribly dry skin but it also breaks out quite a bit...grim.

She also said she wore total sun block on her face everyday, which I do too, because my dad had skin cancer so I think about sun care a lot more than most people would probably ever realise and she said she doesn't like heavy make up either so she used a tinted moisturiser called ProtecTINT by an american brand called LORAC. It's a tinted moisturiser that comes in different shades and has SPF 30 so I was so excited....until I realised we couldn't get it here. Luckily I have some family in America and my Aunty was going over to visit and she kindly brought me some back.

I am obsessed with it.

I'm not a fan of heavy foundations everyday, mainly because I'm quite lazy and sometimes, I just can't be arsed sitting infront of a mirror making sure my face is perfect...some days I don't even look in the mirror if I don't have to, but this was amazing, it didn't have total coverage, obviously, because it's only a tinted moisturiser, but I didn't need that much coverage after a week or so of wearing it because my skin was able to breath and stayed quite clear, where as when I was piling my love, Double Wear on I'd find my skin would be extra dry or I'd get a spot or something. But this just gave me a healthy kind of fresh faced look.

I am desperate for my Aunty to go back so she can get me some more because I am very, very nearly out and I have been using it super sparingly.

If you can get your hands on any I definitely recommend it!! I love it so much so I just wanted to share it with you before I ran out!!!



P.s Sorry again for the awful pictures, I really need to buy a new camera!!

2 comments:

  1. this sounds really good! i'm a huge fan of sunscreen as i prefer to stay pale!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! click here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!! I am definitely entering your giveaway its amaaazing!!! :) x

      Delete