Tuesday 26 August 2014

What Time Is It??....'TOOL TIME!!'

Anybody else used to watch Home Improvements when they were a kid?! I loved that show!

So after my last post on hair products I use, I thought I'd do a post on the tools I use too!

I am pretty lazy if I'm honest and drying my hair is the bane of my life because it 'clings to water like a bitch!' as my friend once said.

I pretty much go by 'old hair and yesterdays eyeliner always look better'. Beauty bloggers everywhere are probably cursing that! I do take my make up off but I seriously think yesterdays eyeliner looks wayyy better! Anyway, this isn't about make up! This is about hair!

Right, let's get started, this is what I do when I have freshly washed hair...

First of all I use my magic Gliss spray, when I have wet hair, I use a wide tooth comb to detangle, this helps prevent breaking hair, as hair is weak when it's wet. I then go through it with either my tangle teaser or a paddle brush - whichever is around.






Then to blow dry my ends I'll use whatever round brush is around, but if I am blow drying it properly I use two different brushes, I'll use a large barrel brush for volume, and a medium barrel brush for the ends. I use Head Jog brushes, which you can get online if you can't get to a wholesalers. I tend to buy the sets and then just add any extra brushes I need as I go. I think the sets are good value. I'd definitely get a decent brush if you are a regular blow dryer, you don't want to be snagging your hair or getting it caught in the brush. I could do with some new ones myself right now!



Then I have my prized possession. My hairdryer. I love this thing like a child. I have two. A pink one and a black one. My pink one I've had for about 8 years which is genuinely shocking, but that's the one I use for my own hair and I am dreading the day it packs in. It was my first real pro hairdryer.
My black one was part of my college kit, my mother seems to have adopted this one and this is the one I use on other people.
I use Parlux hairdryers. They're not cheap but I would probably only ever use Parlux now. I want a matte black one or a purple or burgundy one for christmas!
One thing I would stress about hairdryers for blow drying, make sure you have decent nozzles. The nozzle on my hairdryer is so skinny in comparison to my sisters hairdryer, it's so narrow but this is perfect for a nice smooth blow dry, because the air flow is more concentrated and focused. Also getting your wrist at the right angle helps. Try not to touch your hair with the nozzle (you don't want burned hair...it stinks!) and point it down so the air is parallel to the hair so it is blowing your hair poker straight..if that makes sense?
So yes, I believe a decent hairdryer and brush are a great investment.



I don't straighten my hair, ever, I only curl it from time to time, normally I just shove it in a bun or braid it before bed and however it is when I take it out in the morning is how I'm having my hair! But when I do curl it, I use the ol' Enrapture Encode Totem Styler. I like this because it's easy to use, you can adjust the heat settings on the three barrels and create your own curls!



I use the odd roller here and there, but only at the front of my head and around my crown for a bit of bounce and volume. I'm not the full head, walking around town kinda girl! I just shove em in while I'm getting ready to go wherever I'm going!


So, that's my little two part hair post done. I quite enjoyed doing these! It's made me want to blow dry my hair a bit more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment