Friday 22 August 2014

Hairspray. & Other Stuff...

I thought I'd do a little post on my favourite hair products and what I use most often!

I'll be honest, I'm pretty low maintenance so hair products for me tend to be a special occasion kinda thing.

My most used products definitely have to be;

My absolute FAVOURITE shampoo and conditioner of all time, is strangely enough super cheap and unexpected. Its a Morrison's Soak It Up own brand shampoo and conditioner, blueberry and orchid. Not only does this smell ridiculously amazing (I've had people comment -I'm not sure why people were THAT close to me but hey! I'll take it! ) It is the best I have ever used. I know that is a bold statement to make, but it's true. It's about £1.09 a bottle, and they're not small bottles. This stuff makes my hair super manageable, super soft and smooth. My friend recommended it to me while I was in the process of bleaching my hair and nothing was working to help it. Her hair is really long and thick and super coarse and its an absolute nightmare when she washes it and she got me some to try and I haven't used anything else since. It just works. I thank this stuff for still having a full head of hair after all the bleaching and colouring.


Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Liquid Silk. Man, that's a long name!

This is a leave in 'express repair conditioner', with liquid keratin. I LOVE this stuff. I have really thick hair and it get's really knotted after I wash it, especially after all the colouring I do. I used to use the Loreal kids de-tangling spray after I had washed my hair just to get a brush through it! But I suppose this is the more grown up version because it makes my hair so easy to brush and so soft, and it really has made a super big difference to the condition of my hair. It's a nightmare when I run out and have to brush my hair without it! Or comb should I say, you should use a wide tooth comb when dealing with wet hair, for less breakage etc. learned that nice little tip in college when my tutor was mortified as she watched me dragging a paddle brush through my wet hair!



Tresemme Volume & Lift Mousse

I have never used mousse really, but my hair refuses to stay curly when I curl it and goes flat as a pancake when I try to blow some volume into it! So I decided to just try some because I used to always see it in college and avoid using it because I just imagine it to make my hair.... crunchy. I found this one on offer in Superdrug a while back and thought I'd just try it for when I can be bothered to actually blow dry my hair properly, which isn't very often at all. I decided to try it a month or two ago but then once I had put it in my hair the thought of actually blowing my hair seemed like a nightmare so I just did my usual and threw my head upside down and blasted all of my roots and mid lengths dry, then parted it and blow dried the ends properly (I am the laziest self hairdresser ever) but it really worked!! I actually had volume and lift, so I haven't even bothered blowing it properly yet, I just throw it on and throw my head upside down and VOILA! Perfect! I also curled it a few times and it held my curl a LOT longer than usual!


Reincarnation Mask by Bleach London

THIS STUFF. UGH. I love it. I don't even know what to say about it. Use it.  It works. Makes my hair feel incredible! And you definitely need a decent hair mask to have a proper top to toe pamper. May as well be one that is magical!

They're the main players in my hair game I guess.

I use other products too, but only when I'm making an actual effort I suppose you could say!



I'm a big fan of dry shampoo. I try not to wash my hair too much, I'm training it at the minute to get down to twice a week, eventually I'll get it down to once a week, I just don't think you should wash your hair every day, but I give in every now and then and just feel like I HAVE to wash it, I need to start wearing my hair up more often, I might get away with it more then! BUT I'm getting distracted now by thinking about how to wear my hair up....back to dry shampoo, I grabbed this from Superdrug the other week super fast, I don't even know why, I didn't need it but I was like 'Better to have more in than none!' I didn't read it or anything and when I got home I realised it's 'Killer Volume' dry shampoo by Superdrug and it's boss!! I did wear my hair up the other week and I don't like my hair slick to my head - I'm a bed head kinda gal, so this was great for a bit of volume and a bit of oomph! I think I'll be sticking to this!!


I also like 'After Party' by Bed Head. I was convinced for years this was called 'Party Girl', because a stylist used it on my hair when I was about 15 and I kept calling it that until I worked in a salon that sold Bed Head and I kept asking if we were getting 'Party Girl' in and then I saw it on the shelf and my manager laughed at me because I was like 'Oh, they must have renamed it.'.... they hadn't, I'd just been wrong for years. But yeah, this is nice for when I have blown my hair and it just smooths it and prevents fly aways! You only need a tiny amount AFTER you've done your hair though! So it lasts an absolute age!!


I don't often hairspray my hair, only if I have it curly or up and I can be fussy about my hairsprays, I do not like crunchy or solid hair! I've been using Wella Performance Hairspray since I left college because that's what we used there, it's not a super strong hold, but that's not what I'm after so I really like this and I like the smell too! Wella products actually smell amazing!


And last but definitely not least!... Wella Flowing Form Smoothing Balm. I LOVE this stuff!!! It smells so good and you feel like you have been in a salon when you blow dry with this balm! You don't need a lot and you just put it on before you blow dry your hair (not throw your head upside down) and it just makes your hair silky and smooth. I always use this on my Mum and sister when I blow dry their hair straight because they both have curly hair and this definitely helps smooth it out!!


What are your favourite products?

Do you use any of the ones I've mentioned and like/dislike them?

My next post will be a post on the hair tools I use!

No comments:

Post a Comment