Tuesday 8 April 2014

Washed Up Mermaid. Bleach London Review.

So, 'Washed Up Mermaid' was one of the Bleach London Colours I got for my birthday and I was dying to use it after looking it up!

I saw a girl once at download and she had turquoise hair, it was the prettiest hair I had ever seen and ever since I have been wanting it but been too scared to do it! 

So, when the Bleach London temporary colours were released and they said they were supposed to last 2-10 washes I couldn't have been more excited! 

Now, it's taken me a lot of effort and time to get my hair blonde and in the condition that it's in, so after reading mainly negative reviews on this colour about staining and leaving a green/blue cast on your hair that is near impossible to get rid of, I bottled it a bit I'm not gonna lie, I really did. But my sister was like 'Oh just do it'...so I just did it.

It's weird, I haven't had crazy coloured hair in a long time and this is definitely different for me and when I first did I, I hated it. 




I'll be completely honest in saying my expectations were high, but I was disappointed. It's really pale and wishy washy, completely patchy and I'm a trained hairdresser so I'm pretty aware of how to apply colour correctly. Some of my hair is still blonde, some is blue, some is green :/ (excuse the lack of make up, I was more concerned with my head!)


I noticed it seemed to just slide off my hair as I was applying it and not really taking, but I soldiered on anyway. It said to leave it on for 15 minutes but because I thought it wasn't going to take I left it on for half an hour, I think I should have left it on a lot longer. It didn't damage my hair in any way, smelled pretty pleasant and was quite conditioning. It was really easy to use and you get a fair amount of product and I think it is definitely worth £5 and it's great for a short term/weekend/school holiday change!


 I think I will try other colours (I already have Rose and Blullini waiting to be cracked open!) because I've heard good things and I think that although I was disappointed in this particular one, and I'm not the only one, that maybe it's just this colour and it all depends on your base colour and hair condition at the end of the day so I'm not totally discouraged.

Weird thing is though, I hated it in daylight but at night it looks boss! Really Mermaid-y!





I had to put my flower crown on (obvz) because I think the colour looks so pretty with the colour of the roses!

I'll do an update with the 'Washing Out Liquid' when I try to remove this and le you know how it goes!! 

How do you like the Bleach London Colours??

xx

P.S I still haven't figured out my new Camera so sorry about the phone pics but you get the jist?!

No comments:

Post a Comment