Thursday 19 September 2013

Cha cha cha chilli

Random little recipe post!

It was soooo cold and miserable here today that I decided to make a big pot of lovely warm chilli!



Ingredients;
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
1 large red onion
2 large cloves garlic finely chopped
1 chilli deseeded and finely chopped
Handfull of cherry tomatoes
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can of baked beans
1 sachet of chilli con carne mix
OR
2 tablespoons each of; chilli powder, cumin and smoked paprika (or to your own taste)
Lean minced beef or veggie option



I chopped my peppers quite chunky, diced my onion, chopped my garlic and chilli finely. I then heated a tablespoon of oil on a low heat then added my chopped veg and slowly softened them (I was wanting to kill time so I did it slowly).



I then added my beef and browned it.

When that was done I added all my canned ingredients starting with the tomatoes then beans and then my spice mix.
I then let this slowly heat up until we were ready to eat and voila!!



Was delicious!!!

I had mine with a slice of toasted gluten free seeded bread with garlic and rosemary butter that I made the other day!


p.s my mum always puts dark chocolate in her chilli...which is AMAZING...but I didn't have any, otherwise I would have :(

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I'm a big fan of chilli and think it's the best food to have when it gets cold :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!! I love chilli!! Got up all excited to have leftovers for dinner...but my mum and sister stole it and took it to work!

      Delete