Saturday 7 September 2013

Golden Brown #binthebeds with St Moriz

Ok so, I know when I think of fake tan, I dont think of someone with an lovely golden all year round glow, I think of some kind of oompa loompa looking Jeremy Kyle reject

BUT, I am a HUGE fan of fake tan.

When I go on holiday, I dont tan, I mean I literally cant bake in the sun I hate it. I cant sit still, I get so fed up and restless and I dont change colour anyway, I go a nice shade of pink and then end up whiter than before. So when Im on holiday and everyone is sizzling away, Im usually in a one piece or an oversized tee with sunglasses and a big floppy hat with a book under a big umbrella.

Oh, thats after slathering myself in factor 50.

I know vitamin D is important and I do go out out in daylight - Im not a total vampire! I love sitting by the pool, or in the garden, I juat don't like total exposure.

Ive been this way since I was younger and got burned in Greece. It was horrible.

But my main reason for staying out of the sun is because my Dad died of skin cancer when I was 17.
He was diagnosed in November and passed away the following June.
It was the second time he'd had it.

It was down to the damage his skin suffered when he was younger and would go out in the sun and burn, not every time he went out, obviously, but on those odd occasions when his lotion was a lower factor.

It was a horrific thing to witness, as is watching anyone suffer with an illness.

It has made me so, so cautious with my skin and I vowed to never sunbathe or go in the sun without sufficient protection. And I havent.

And along comes fake tan. I really dont mind being pale at all, it suits me because thats just naturally how I am, but sometimes I just want a little bit of colour in my life!!!

I think fake tans have come so far ...(remember those 'tan towels'?!?!)

I remeber begging my mum to buy me some St Tropez when I was a teenager, because that was the best ever according to everyone else but it was more than £20 so she fobbed me off, but my best friends mum bought her it so we helped eachother out....it was a streaky hot mess!!

But these days there are tans by millions of brands and in a load of different forms (mousse, lotion, spray etc.), and to suit every budget.

My all time favourte two are Fake Bake and St Moriz. I only get fake bake when Im feeling flush or ask for it to fill my christmas or birthday list.

But St Moriz is my all time favourite, go to tan. Its so affordable and such great quality!! It doesnt streak on me and never makes me orange!!

Ive used the mousse for years and I love it. But just before christmas I won a christmas set on twitter (woooooo best set ever!!), and this came with the lotion and I fell in love!! I haven't been able to find the lotion in shops near me yet but I WILL hunt it down, its and absolute godsend.

I am so gutted, they just tweeted that theyre giving samples away in Liverpool today and I cant make it down!! I might shed a little tear.

They're giving samples and tips and are spreading the word on fake tanning, rather than using sunbeds. Which are super bad.

I love that theyre getting out there and actually interacting with people.

Definitely my favourite brand.

So run out and get some and #binthebeds !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment